Cinnamon rolls with heavy cream are a classic pastry that people of all ages enjoy. This delicious treat is made with a soft, fluffy dough rolled out, coated with a cinnamon-sugar mixture, and then baked to perfection. One way to elevate the flavor of cinnamon rolls is by adding heavy cream to the recipe.
Heavy cream, also known as whipping cream, is a thick cream containing high fat. It has a rich, creamy flavor that adds depth and richness to baked goods. When added to cinnamon rolls, it creates a moist and tender texture that is hard to resist.
- Cinnamon Rolls With Heavy Cream
- Cinnamon Roll Recipe With Heavy Cream
Cinnamon Rolls With Heavy Cream
It would be best to start with a basic cinnamon roll recipe to make cinnamon rolls with heavy cream. Begin by making the dough, which typically consists of flour, sugar, yeast, milk, butter, and eggs. Once the dough has been mixed and kneaded, allow it to rise until it has doubled.
Next, roll out the dough into a large rectangle and evenly spread a mixture of cinnamon, sugar, and softened butter over the surface. Drizzle heavy cream over the cinnamon-sugar mixture, then roll up the dough tightly, starting from the long edge.
Cut the rolled dough into slices, and place them in a greased baking dish. Allow them to rise for another 30 minutes, then bake in a preheated oven until golden brown and fragrant.
When the cinnamon rolls come out of the oven, drizzle them with a glaze made of powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream. The glaze will add a touch of sweetness and a creamy finish to the cinnamon rolls, making them even more irresistible.
In conclusion, adding heavy cream to cinnamon rolls is a simple way to enhance their flavor and texture. The cream creates a moist and tender crumb while adding richness and depth to the flavor. Whether you enjoy them for breakfast, brunch, or as a sweet treat at any time, cinnamon rolls with heavy cream are sure to satisfy your cravings.
Cinnamon Roll Recipe With Heavy Cream
Here is a simple and easy recipe for Cinnamon Rolls With Heavy Cream
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Whisk the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the melted butter, warmed milk, and eggs, and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5-7 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let it rise in a warm, draft-free area for 1 hour or until it has doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the softened butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl until well combined.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a large rectangle about 1/4-inch thick. Spread the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Drizzle the heavy cream over the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Roll up the dough tightly into a log, starting at the long end of the rectangle. Use a sharp knife to slice the log into 12 equal pieces.
- Place the cinnamon rolls into the prepared baking dish, cut side up. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm, draft-free area for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the golden brown cinnamon rolls are cooked.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream in a small bowl until smooth.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and cool for 5-10 minutes. Drizzle the glaze over the rolls and serve warm.
Enjoy your delicious cinnamon roll recipe made with heavy cream filling from scratch.
How long do you bake cinnamon rolls with cream?
The baking time for cinnamon rolls with cream can vary depending on the recipe and the oven temperature. However, as a general guideline, cinnamon rolls with cream usually take around 20 to 25 minutes to bake at 350°F (180°C) until golden brown and cooked through.
Watching the cinnamon rolls as they bake is important to ensure they don’t overbake or burn. If the cinnamon rolls start to brown too quickly, you can cover them with foil to prevent further browning.
It’s also a good idea to check the internal temperature of the cinnamon rolls using a food thermometer to ensure they are fully cooked. The internal temperature should reach at least 190°F (88°C) before removing them from the oven.
Overall, the baking time for a cinnamon roll recipe made with a heavy cream filling may vary based on the recipe, oven temperature, and personal preference, so it’s always best to follow the recipe instructions and adjust the baking time as needed.
How long do you microwave the milk and butter for cinnamon rolls?
When heating milk and butter for cinnamon rolls in a microwave, the timing can vary depending on the microwave’s quantity and power. As a general guideline, you can heat the milk and butter for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the butter is melted and the milk is warm.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to microwave the milk and butter for cinnamon rolls:
- Cut the butter into small pieces and place them in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the milk to the bowl with the butter.
- Microwave the bowl on high power for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the butter is melted and the milk is warm.
- Stir the mixture to ensure the butter is fully melted and incorporated into the milk.
It’s important not to overheat the milk and butter, as this can cause the milk to scorch and the butter to separate. If the milk and butter are too hot, allow them to cool to a lukewarm temperature before using them in the recipe.
Overall, microwaving the milk and butter for cinnamon rolls is a quick and convenient way to prepare the ingredients. However, adjust the timing based on your microwave’s power and the amount of milk and butter being heated.
How to save cinnamon rolls?
If you have cinnamon rolls that are starting to dry out or have become stale, there are a few things you can do to help save them:
- Reheat them: Reheating cinnamon rolls can help bring back some of their moisture and make them more enjoyable to eat. You can reheat them in the oven, microwave, or toaster oven until they are warm and soft again.
- Add a glaze: A simple glaze made of powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla can help add moisture and sweetness to cinnamon rolls. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the rolls while they are still warm from the oven or after reheating them.
- Make French toast: If you have a lot of leftover cinnamon rolls, you can turn them into a delicious breakfast treat by making cinnamon roll French toast. Cut the rolls into slices, dip them in a mixture of eggs and milk, and fry them in a pan until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Use them for bread pudding: Stale cinnamon rolls can also make bread pudding, a delicious and comforting dessert. Cut the rolls into pieces, mix them with a custard made of milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla, and bake them in the oven until they are set and golden brown.
Overall, there are many ways to save cinnamon rolls that have gone stale or dry, so don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different recipes and techniques.
Can I make frozen roll dough into cinnamon rolls?
Yes, you can make cinnamon rolls from frozen roll dough. Here’s how:
- Thaw the frozen roll dough according to the package instructions. Usually, this involves placing the dough in the refrigerator overnight or letting it sit at room temperature for a few hours.
- Once the dough is thawed, roll it into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface. The thickness of the dough should be around 1/4 inch.
- Spread a layer of softened butter over the surface of the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over the butter, spreading it evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Roll the dough tightly into a log, starting at one of the long edges. Pinch the seam closed and cut the log into slices, each around 1 inch thick.
- Place the cinnamon roll slices into a greased baking dish, leaving some space between each one.
- Cover the baking dish with a clean kitchen towel and let the rolls rise for around 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the cinnamon rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your delicious homemade cinnamon rolls!