Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta has become a popular dish in recent years because of its delicious and savory flavor profile. The combination of garlic, parmesan cheese, and creamy sauce creates a rich and satisfying dish that is hard to resist.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is easy to make and can be prepared in just a few steps, making it a popular choice for weeknight dinners or when you need to feed a crowd. It is also a versatile dish that can be customized with other ingredients, such as vegetables or bacon, to suit your taste preferences.
Furthermore, Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a comforting and hearty dish that is perfect for cold winter nights or when you need a little comfort food. It is a dish that is loved by both adults and children, making it a great choice for family dinners or when you need to entertain guests.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta has gained fame and popularity because of its delicious taste, ease of preparation, versatility, and ability to bring people together over a comforting and satisfying meal.
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta Recipe
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta Recipe
The Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a delicious and savory pasta dish that features chicken, garlic, parmesan cheese, and a creamy sauce. The dish typically includes boneless chicken breasts that are cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper. The chicken is then cooked in a skillet with garlic and butter until browned and cooked through.
Next, heavy cream is added to the skillet to create a rich and creamy sauce. Parmesan cheese is added to the sauce, giving it a tangy and slightly salty flavor that complements the chicken and garlic. The cooked pasta is then added to the skillet and tossed with the sauce until it is fully coated.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a simple and easy recipe that can be made in just a few steps, making it perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. It is also a versatile dish that can be customized to suit your taste preferences. You can add other ingredients like vegetables, herbs, or even bacon to the dish to give it more flavor and texture.
Here is a simple recipe for Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta.
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley or basil, chopped, for garnish
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for an additional minute, or until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir until melted and fully incorporated into the sauce.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet and toss with the sauce until evenly coated.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or basil and additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: You can also add additional ingredients like sliced mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, or spinach to the dish for added flavor and nutrition.
Tips & Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks if you follow them you can make perfect Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta.
- Use fresh garlic: Fresh garlic has a stronger flavor than pre-minced garlic, so use freshly minced garlic for the best flavor.
- Don’t overcook the chicken: Overcooked chicken can become dry and tough, so be careful not to overcook the chicken pieces. Cook them until browned on all sides and cooked through, but not overly browned.
- Use heavy cream: Heavy cream gives the sauce a rich and creamy texture that pairs well with the parmesan cheese. You can use half-and-half or milk for a lighter sauce, but the sauce won’t be as rich.
- Don’t add too much salt: Parmesan cheese is naturally salty, so be careful not to add too much salt to the dish. Taste the sauce before adding salt to ensure it is not too salty.
- Reserve some pasta water: Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining the pasta. You can use the pasta water to thin out the sauce if it is too thick.
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese: Freshly grated parmesan cheese has a better flavor than pre-shredded cheese. Grate the cheese right before using it for the best flavor.
- Add in vegetables: You can add vegetables like spinach, cherry tomatoes, or mushrooms to the dish for added nutrition and flavor. Sauté the vegetables in the skillet with the garlic and chicken before adding the cream.
- Use a non-stick skillet: A non-stick skillet will prevent the chicken and pasta from sticking to the pan and make for easier clean-up.
- Serve immediately: Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is best served immediately while the sauce is still hot and creamy. Reheated pasta can become dry and the sauce can separate.
How many calories are in garlic parmesan pasta with chicken?
The number of calories in garlic parmesan pasta with chicken can vary depending on the specific recipe and portion size. However, on average, a serving of garlic parmesan chicken pasta contains around 600-800 calories. The dish is typically high in fat and carbohydrates due to the creamy sauce and pasta, so it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If you are trying to reduce the calorie count of the dish, you can use low-fat milk or half-and-half instead of heavy cream and reduce the amount of parmesan cheese used in the recipe.
Why is my chicken parmesan tough?
There are a few reasons why chicken parmesan can turn out tough:
- Overcooking: Overcooking the chicken can result in tough and dry meat. Make sure to cook the chicken just until it is fully cooked through, and no longer.
- Thinly pounded chicken: Chicken that is pounded too thinly can also become tough and dry when cooked. Aim for a uniform thickness of around 1/4 to 1/2 inch when pouhittingur chicken.
- Using the wrong chicken cut: Some chicken cuts, such as the breast, can be trickier than others. Consider using chicken cutlets or tenderloins for more tender and juicy chicken parmesan.
- Skipping the brine: Brining the chicken in a saltwater solution before cooking can help to tenderize the meat and prevent it from drying out during cooking.
- Breading incorrectly: Properly coating the chicken in the breading mixture is important to prevent the chicken from becoming tough. Make sure to dredge the chicken in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in that order, and to shake off any excess breading before frying.
By addressing these potential issues, you can ensure that your chicken parmesan turns out tender and juicy.
Is garlic parmesan chicken pasta recipe healthy?
Garlic parmesan chicken pasta can be high in calories, fat, and carbohydrates due to the creamy sauce and pasta. However, you can make some modifications to the recipe to make it healthier, such as using whole wheat pasta, low-fat milk instead of heavy cream, and reducing the amount of cheese used.
Can I freeze garlic parmesan chicken pasta?
While you can freeze the dish, the pasta and sauce can become mushy and lose some of their texture and flavor after thawing. It is best to enjoy the dish fresh.
Can I use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe?
Yes, you can use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. Shred or cube the chicken and add it to the skillet when the garlic is sautéed.