Pesto pasta with chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines pasta, chicken, and a rich and savory pesto sauce. To make the dish, pasta is cooked al dente, which means it’s firm to the bite, and then mixed with a creamy and aromatic pesto sauce made from basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
The chicken is seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and then pan-fried or grilled until golden brown. The cooked chicken is then sliced or diced and added to the pasta and pesto sauce mixture.
The tender chicken, the flavorful pesto sauce, and the perfectly cooked pasta create a mouthwatering dish that is perfect for any occasion. This dish can be served hot or cold and is often garnished with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves for added flavor and presentation.
Pesto Pasta with Chicken Recipe
Certainly, here’s a recipe for Pesto Pasta with Chicken:
- 8 oz of pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves and additional Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and cool for a few minutes before slicing or dicing into bite-size pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the pesto sauce. In a food processor, combine the garlic, pine nuts, basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes (if using). Process until smooth and creamy.
- Combine the cooked pasta, pesto sauce, and chicken pieces in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves.
Enjoy your delicious Pesto Pasta with Chicken!
Does pesto work with chicken?
Yes, pesto works well with chicken! The combination of tender chicken and rich, flavorful pesto sauce is a classic Italian pairing. The nutty and herbal flavors of the pesto complement the mild flavor of the chicken, creating a delicious and satisfying dish.
It can be used in various ways with chicken, such as marinating chicken in pesto before grilling or roasting, adding pesto to chicken salads or sandwiches, or tossing pesto with cooked chicken and pasta. So, if you’re a chicken and pesto fan, you should try combining them!
What pairs well with pesto pasta?
Pesto pasta is a versatile dish paired with various ingredients and flavors. Here are a few ideas:
- Grilled or roasted vegetables, such as zucchini, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, or asparagus. The sweetness and smokiness of grilled vegetables complement the herbal flavors of the pesto.
- Protein, such as chicken, shrimp, or salmon. The mild flavor of these proteins goes well with the bold pesto flavors.
- Cheese, such as Parmesan, feta, or mozzarella. The salty and tangy flavors of cheese balance the richness of pesto.
- Nuts, such as pine nuts or walnuts. Nuts’ crunchiness and nutty flavor add texture and depth to the dish.
- Fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley, or cilantro. Adding more fresh herbs to the dish enhances the herbal notes of the pesto.
- A splash of lemon juice. The acidity of lemon juice helps brighten up the dishes’ flavors and balance the pesto’s richness.
Overall, the key is to balance the richness of the pesto with fresh, bright, and contrasting flavors to create a well-rounded and satisfying dish.
What is chicken pesto pasta made of?
Chicken pesto pasta is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that consists of cooked pasta, sautéed or grilled chicken, and a rich and flavorful pesto sauce made from basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
To make the recipe, cook it until al dente, then toss it with a generous amount of pesto sauce. Meanwhile, you can season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then sauté or grill them until golden brown. Once the chicken is done, you can slice or dice it into bite-size pieces and mix it with the pasta and pesto sauce.
The result is a delicious and satisfying pasta dish perfect for any occasion. You can add some extra Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, or other toppings to enhance the dish’s flavor.