The Walnut cookie recipe is a delightful treat that combines the rich, buttery taste of cookies with the crunchiness of walnuts. These cookies perfectly balance sweetness and nuttiness, and they’re easy to make. This article explores what makes walnut cookies special and provides a simple recipe at home.
The star ingredient of walnut cookies is, of course, walnuts. Walnuts are packed with nutrition and flavor. They’re a great source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber, and they have a distinct nutty taste that adds a satisfying crunch to baked goods. When added to cookie dough, walnuts impart a rich, earthy flavor that complements the cookie’s sweetness.
Cookie Recipes With Walnuts
To make walnut cookies, you’ll need basic baking ingredients like flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and a cup of chopped walnuts. Start by creaming the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until combined. Finally, fold in the chopped walnuts.
Once you’ve made the dough, use a cookie scoop or spoon to form dough balls and place them on a baking sheet. Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Walnut cookies are a versatile treat that can be enjoyed any time of year. They make a great addition to a holiday cookie platter or a tasty snack for afternoon tea. They’re also perfect for sharing with friends and family. Plus, adding walnuts makes these cookies a healthier option than traditional cookies.
In conclusion, walnut cookies are a delicious and nutritious treat that’s easy to make. Their rich, nutty flavor and satisfying crunch will make them a favorite in any household. Give them a try and enjoy!
Walnut Cookies Recipe
Here’s a recipe for walnut cookies recipe that makes about 24 cookies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious walnut cookies!
How long do you bake walnut cookies?
When baking walnut cookies, it’s important to follow the instructions closely to ensure they are cooked perfectly. The recommended baking time for walnut cookies is approximately 12-15 minutes at 350°F (175°C). However, it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the cookies and check them regularly towards the end of the baking time to avoid over-baking or burning. When done, the edges of the cookies should be lightly golden brown. After baking, it’s best to let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
How do you cook walnuts in the oven?
To cook walnuts in the oven, you can follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the walnuts out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the walnuts in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until they are lightly golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the walnuts cool on the pan for a few minutes.
- Once cooled, use the roasted walnuts in your desired recipe or enjoy them as a snack.
Watching the walnuts while roasting is important to avoid over-browning or burning. Additionally, you can add spices or seasonings to the walnuts before roasting to add flavor, such as cinnamon, sugar, or salt.
Can I use salted butter for a walnut cookie recipe?
You can use salted butter for the walnut cookie recipe, but it’s generally recommended to use unsalted butter instead. Using unsalted butter gives you better control over the amount of salt in the recipe, which can affect the overall flavor and texture of the cookies. When using salted butter, the added salt may also affect the leavening agents in the recipe, which can impact the dough’s rising and the cookies’ final texture.
If you use salted butter in your cookie recipe, you may want to adjust the amount of salt called for to compensate for the additional salt in the butter. Additionally, it’s important to use high-quality butter with a consistent salt content to ensure your cookies turn out well.