Easy Carrot cake is a classic dessert that many have enjoyed for decades. It is a perfect combination of sweetness and moistness, and adding walnuts gives it a nutty and crunchy texture. Making an easy carrot cake with walnut may seem daunting, but it is simple.
Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned baker, this recipe is easy to follow, and the result is always delicious. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak some veggies into your diet!
Carrot Walnut Cake Recipe
If you are a dessert lover and want to try something new, an easy carrot cake with walnut is the perfect treat. This delectable dessert is a delightful combination of sweet, nutty, and earthy flavors that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
In this article, we will guide you on how to make an easy carrot cake with walnut, from the ingredients needed to the baking instructions. We will also share some tips and tricks to help you create the perfect cake every time.
To make an easy carrot cake with walnut, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 6-7 medium-sized carrots)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- Preheat your oven to 356°F (180°C).
- For buttermilk, mix milk and lemon juice and set aside for later use
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the grated carrots, chopped walnuts, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Spread the remaining nuts on top of the batter. You can watch the video for the process.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Shift the baked cake on a wire rack.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
Enjoy your delicious and easy recipe
Tips & Tricks For Best Carrot Cake Recipe
- Grate the carrots and chop the walnuts in advance to save time.
- Mix the dry ingredients separately and sift them to ensure even mixing.
- Mix the wet ingredients separately to avoid lumps in the batter.
- Fold in the grated carrots and chopped walnuts gently to avoid overmixing.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Soften the cream cheese by leaving it at room temperature before frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth before adding the vanilla extract and whipping cream.
- Let the cake cool completely before adding the frosting to avoid melting.
- Decorate the cake with additional chopped walnuts or a drizzle of caramel sauce for extra flavor.
Tips for preserving the freshness of carrot cake with walnut
To preserve the freshness of carrot cake with walnut, wrap it tightly in plastic or foil and store it in an airtight container. Keep the container in the refrigerator to prevent spoilage. Avoid exposing the cake to moisture or air, as it can cause it to dry out or develop mold. By freezing the freshness of carrot cake with walnut, you can also extend it. Wrap individual slices or the entire cake in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing. It can last up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer if stored properly.
You can substitute vegetable oil with melted butter for a richer flavor.
Carrot cake with walnut can be a healthy dessert option if made with the right ingredients and consumed in moderation. Carrots are a great source of vitamins and minerals, while walnuts are high in healthy fats and protein. However, traditional recipes can be high in sugar and calories. To make a healthier version, use less sugar or natural sweeteners, substitute some of the flour with whole wheat or almond flour, and use low-fat cream cheese for the frosting. Additionally, portion control is key to healthily enjoying cake with walnut. While it may not be the healthiest dessert option, it can be a tasty and nutritious treat when carefully prepared.
A slice of carrot cake with walnut can contain anywhere from 250 to 500 calories. Depending on the size of the piece.
Carrot cake with walnut can last up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer if stored properly.
Yes, you can freeze this cake to extend its shelf life.
You can make a carrot cake with walnut without eggs using substitutes such as applesauce, mashed bananas, or flaxseed meal.
Add ingredients such as applesauce, crushed pineapple, or grated zucchini to the batter to make a carrot cake with walnut moister. These ingredients will add moisture, flavor, and nutrition to the cake. Additionally, you can use vegetable oil or sour cream instead of butter to keep the cake moist. Be careful not to overbake the cake, as this can also make it dry. Check the cake for doneness with a toothpick or cake tester, and remove it from the oven as soon as it comes out clean.
You can use other nuts in carrot cake with walnut, such as pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts. You can use them in place of the walnuts or mix them with the walnuts for various flavors and textures. Just chop the nuts into small pieces before adding them to the cake batter.
Several other frosting options, besides cream cheese frosting, can be used for easy carrot cake with walnut. Some alternatives include
Whipped cream frosting: made with heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract, whipped until thick and fluffy.
Buttercream frosting: made with butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, whipped until light and fluffy.
Mascarpone frosting: made with mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, whipped until smooth and creamy.
Lemon frosting: made with powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest, whipped until smooth and spreadable.
These frosting options can be customized by adding additional flavors, such as chocolate or espresso, and can be adjusted to suit personal preferences.
This easy carrot cake recipe with walnuts is a delightful dessert that will undoubtedly become a family favorite. The combination of moist carrot cake, crunchy walnuts, and creamy cream cheese frosting creates a symphony of flavors that will leave everyone wanting more. Whether celebrating a special occasion or simply indulging in a sweet treat, this carrot cake will surely impress. So grab your apron, gather the ingredients, and enjoy the delightful experience of baking and savoring this delicious carrot cake with walnut.