The Butterfinger cake recipe has become famous for its unique flavor, simplicity, and use of a beloved candy bar. Whether you are a seasoned baker or just looking to impress your friends and family with a delicious dessert, the Butterfinger cake will surely be a hit.
Butterfinger cake has become a famous dessert for many reasons. This cake combines the classic flavors of yellow cake mix and peanut butter, which are both beloved by many people. However, what sets this cake apart is the addition of crushed Butterfinger candy bars, which give it a unique texture and flavor that is hard to resist.
Another reason why the Butterfinger cake recipe has become famous is its simplicity. With just a few basic ingredients, anyone can make this cake at home, making it a popular choice for casual gatherings, potlucks, and parties. The recipe is also highly customizable, allowing bakers to add their personal touches to create a unique dessert.
Finally, the popularity of the Butterfinger cake recipe can be attributed to the widespread love of Butterfinger candy bars themselves. These crispy, crunchy candy bars have been a favorite of many for decades, and incorporating them into a cake makes sense. The Butterfinger cake is a perfect example of how a classic candy bar can be transformed into a delicious dessert that is loved by all.
Recipe For A Butterfinger Cake
here is a recipe for a classic Butterfinger cake:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 8 fun-sized Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- 1 container (16 oz.) of chocolate frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Combine the yellow cake mix, creamy peanut butter, vegetable oil, eggs, and water in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the crushed Butterfinger candy bars, reserving about 1/4 cup for garnish.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting with the chocolate frosting.
- Garnish the top of the cake with the reserved crushed Butterfinger candy bars.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is a classic and easy way to make a delicious Butterfinger cake that everyone will love. The combination of yellow cake, peanut butter, and Butterfinger candy bars creates a rich and decadent flavor that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
What is a Butterfinger cake?
The exact origin of the Butterfinger cake recipe is unclear, but it is believed to have been created in the United States in the 1970s or 1980s. The recipe was thought to be created by home bakers looking to incorporate Butterfinger candy bars into a cake.
Over time, the Butterfinger cake recipe became more popular and was often shared through community cookbooks and passed down through families. As the recipe’s popularity grew, it began appearing in magazines and on cooking websites, further spreading its fame.
Today, the Butterfinger cake recipe has become a classic dessert that is loved by many. It is often served at potlucks, birthday parties, and other special occasions and has become a staple in many households. The recipe has also been adapted and modified over the years, with variations that include additional ingredients like chocolate chips or whipped cream.
In conclusion, while the detailed history of the Butterfinger cake recipe is unknown, it is clear that it has become a beloved dessert that has stood the test of time. Its popularity is a testament to its delicious combination of flavors and textures, and it will continue to be a favorite for generations to come.
Can you keep Butterfinger cake in the fridge?
Yes, you can store Butterfinger cake in the fridge to keep it fresh for longer. Covering the cake with plastic wrap or aluminum foil is best to prevent it from drying out and absorbing any odors from other foods in the fridge. Properly stored, Butterfinger cake can last 5-7 days in the fridge.
When you’re ready to enjoy the cake, let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to soften before serving. This will make the cake easier to cut and bring out its flavors.
How do you make Butterfinger cake with caramel sauce?
To make a Butterfinger cake with caramel sauce, follow the basic recipe and add a layer of homemade or store-bought caramel sauce. Here’s how:
- Begin by making the Butterfinger cake using your favorite recipe or following the one in this thread.
- Once the cake is baked and cooled, prepare the caramel sauce. You can use store-bought caramel sauce or make your own by melting 1 cup of granulated sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Once melted and amber in color, add 1/2 cup of unsalted butter and whisk until smooth. Gradually add 1/2 cup of heavy cream while whisking constantly until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the Butterfinger cake, spreading it evenly with a spatula or knife.
- Crush some extra Butterfinger candy bars and sprinkle them over the caramel sauce.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving to allow the caramel sauce to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
This Butterfinger cake with caramel sauce is a delicious and indulgent dessert perfect for special occasions or whenever you want to treat yourself to something sweet and decadent.